Helimed 59 was launched at Powis Castle in Welshpool on 12th June 2006, a 5 day service operating out of Mid Wales Airport which is situated in Welshpool. Helimed 59 also has the option to operate out of Control Techniques in Newtown.
The service which was initially due to operate for 3 months to support Wales’ other 2 air ambulances over the summer period, has now been made a permanent fixture, thanks mainly to the support and generosity of the people of Mid Wales.
Depending on the location of the patient, Helimed 59 uses two main hospitals: Royal Shrewsbury or Hereford County General. The crew will also use Ysbyty Bronglais in Aberystwyth, Morriston, Abergavenny, Withybush, Bridgend, and Ysbyty Maelor in Wrexham.
Wales Air Ambulance depends ENTIRELY upon volunteers to raise the funds needed to ensure our three emergency helicopters can fly seven days a week, every day of the year. Your support could help save somebody’s life.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
- Setting up a support group in your area
- Organising a fundraising event for Wales Air Ambulance
- Volunteering your time to help out in our charity shops and fundraising offices
- Putting collection boxes in shops, museums, post offices and pubs in your area
- Doing supermarket collections
- Selling merchandise / manning stalls at shows, fairs and other events
- Representing Wales Air Ambulance at cheque presentations
- Becoming a volunteer speaker for the charity
We can advise you on how to become a Voluntary Fundraiser for Wales Air Ambulance
WANT TO HELP? VISIT OUR WEBSITE